To set a standard for the industry, Competence Agencies of Sweden has created authorizations for staffing, outplacement and recruitment related services. Authorization is voluntary since 2019. The authorization ensures legitimate businesses that meet high standards of professionalism. We carry out thorough checks in order to make the competence industry in Sweden safe and sound.
The assessment for authorization is made by the authorization board headed by an impartial chairperson.
In order to become an authorized member of the Swedish Staffing Agencies companies have to meet the following conditions.
- A minimum of twelve months of industry related operations.
- Compliance with the federation’s bylaws (in Swedish).
- Current business is conducted through a Swedish legal person.
- Submission of the most recent annual report, audit report and submission of documentation evidencing no owing of back taxes or duties.
- Bound by collective agreement of the sector in which the company is operating (*).
- Application of delivery terms at least on par with the federation’s general terms and provisions (terms of delivery).
- Coverage by the federation’s liability insurance or the equivalent.
- Compliance with the federation’s code of conduct.
- Assurance that all subcontractors are registered for VAT, pay taxes and duties, and are covered by subcontractor insurance.
- Completion of the federation’s special authorization programme by at least one person holding a managerial position within the company.
- Exposure of the federation’s authorization logo/logos in all job advertisements and marketing activities.
- For a renewed authorization, members are committed to submit ground for the authorization board’s annual assessment.
Special terms regarding companies within a corporate group
13. Authorization requires that group companies with similar names are bound by collective agreements for the contract area within which the company operates. This applies to companies for which connection to the federation can be made in the Competence Agencies.
14. An authorized company may not conduct the majority of its staffing through another company within a corporate group that is an unauthorized industry member.
*) Exemption from this condition can be granted when there is no collective agreement in the sector in which the company is operating.
Members who wish to authorize an outplacement company must in their application account for their outplacement process, quality systems and measures for results, and references regarding ongoing or finished assignments.
Members who wish to authorize a recruitment company must in their application account for their organization, recruitment process, proper handling and contacts with candidates, quality management regarding follow up of the recruitment process, and references.
For further information, please e-mail Competence Agencies of Sweden
Companies are also required, according to the bylaws, to comply with Swedish law, to provide the Swedish Staffing Agencies and the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise with statistics needed by us to do the best job possible. Authorization and membership requires that the business is conducted as a legal entity.
All companies undergo checks upon joining the federation, and thereafter once a year. Companies who, upon check, do not meet the conditions of authorization will not be able to retain the authorization. The checks are done by the authorization board and the decisions are made by the board of the Swedish Staffing Agencies.
But there are exceptions:
Companies who have not had twelve months of industry related operations can become non-authorized members of the Swedish Staffing Agencies. They have to comply with a number of conditions in order to show that they are legitimate. As soon as the company presents their first annual report they can apply for authorization.